Friday, December 14, 2007

woman without a plate...

ok so i'm not saying the bahamas isnt amazing beautiful but what i am saying is that the wait and service staff at atlantis so far stinks. the story i will share with you involves a plate. this afternoon, post dolphin-petting, and white water rivers, my family and i headed to the local pool side eatery for some lunch. i preface this story with the detail that i am not typically a picky person but this plate thing infuriated me.

so the story goes as such...we all ordered lunch (5 of us) and my mother and i decided to split a sandwich and informed the waiter to that effect. after 20 long minutes we recieved our drinks, then after a while longer our app arrived with our lunch (something i hate) and i of course had no plate. i immediately and politely asked (again) for one. long story short i ate my lunch off my mother's plate and my father wound up getting up 1/2 way through the meal to ask again for one. the waiter showed up somewhere in the middle and was firmly told i was basically eating off the placement and shrugged and walked off.

however, when check time came he was more then personable to me as on this particular day i happened to be the person carrying the credit cards. i found this to be dispicable and reminded him that he deprived me of a plate throughout my entire lunch and to this he laughed. i was totally incensed by this.

i don't know how everyone else feels but i believe it is essential for resort staff to be hospitable for a vacation to be enjoyable and believe me this plate incident is not the only problem i have encountered with atlantis.

in the 2 days i have been here i would not reccomend this resort to anyone else except for the view and water attractions. the staff is less than nice and it ruins any sort of interaction experience one might desire.

lets hope the next 4 days improve and i have a plate tomorrow at lunch..,,,

3 comments:

a. said...

That is horrible AND annoying! I haven't heard anything good about Atlantis except for the things you mentioned. I don't feel bad not having been there now! But I hope things get better for the remainder of your trip!

The Urban Whisk said...

That story is horrible and yet you present it in such a way it's hysterical too. I can just picture you with a mad face eating a half a sandwich off a placemat. LOL Hope the rest of the trip gets better.

Anonymous said...

Hope things get better.