Monday, December 31, 2007

just say "NO" to toxic relationships in 2008

today is a very important day as it is the last day of the year and in my mind has limitless potential for change and growth in everyone's life. this year i have given great thought to my new year's resolution and have decided it will not be of the traditional "losing weight" or "no more over-spending" variety, but a resolution of a more important nature with more life altering results. i have decided to purge myself of the "toxic relationships" in my life that have done nothing for me this year but cause me great heart ache and thus in turn have inhibited my growth as a person. i think that many people only associate the toxic relationship as a romantic one, but the truth is they come in all forms, including family. in fact, i believe that such a toxic relationship with a family member is by far the hardest to sever or even try to mend.

however, it has been my experience in this life, that your success (not just financial) is directly influenced by your mindset which in turn in directly influenced by those both negative and positive around you.

oprah did a show on this very topic, specifically on how to confront those with which you have toxic relationships, and how to mend or sever them. it's worth a look at the article if you find yourself in this type of relationship with someone.

http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/tows_2000/tows_past_20001009.jhtml

as for me, i am banishing the toxic relationship that has been draining the positivity from my life and working towards positivity and love in 2008.

i wish everyone a happy and safe new years eve!

love,

fash

No comments: