Thursday, November 29, 2007

personal space

just a bit of a rant about the concept of personal space. i frequently encounter violators of the concept of personal space and am quite sick of it. i most typically encounter such offenders at the gym. for example, i purposely go to the gym at odd hours as to beat the crowds and enjoy my workout, i then deliberately isolate myself on the treadmill/ etc which is the greatest distance away from anyone else, and always someone stations themself right next to me. i am sure some of you are thinking i am way too upset by this or maybe should take it as some sort of compliment, but seriously things like that happen to me all the time. ugh. another peeve of mine is people who stand way too close to you in check-out lines so that you can basically feel them breathing on your back-ewwwww. and the result of all this frustration is thus, i try to purchase everything i humanly can from the internet as to avoid these people. (btw these are the same people who always have their cart in the way at the grocery store, you all know who i mean). ugh.

5 comments:

Karen said...

OMG, I have the SAME pet peeve about people who are up your ass in the checkout line! I swear to Christ, some unsuspecting soul is going to catch me pre-menstrual and have their asses handed to them in CVS. Watch out!

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

I usually do the same thing at the gym. I like to be by myself & not surrounded by a lot of people. I love when I get on the track & there isn't anyone else on that floor.

Fash said...

i knew y'all would agree, maybe i should post a memo in the locker room..hahaaha

Kelly said...

You are so not wierd! I have that pet peeve too! I also hate when people insist on being right behind you on an escalator - I like a few steps in between!

Anonymous said...

hi just a note about personal space i feel the SAME way - here is what i do - when in line and someone is "up my grill" I bend a knee and put my leg back - sort like stretching and then exercising - if it hits them, then tough s^%& - they were too close - if they are bordering on being WAY too close then they get the gentle warning......i am SO glad i am not the only one who feels this way