Monday, January 7, 2008

clorox owns burt's bees

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/06/business/06bees.html?em&ex=1199854800&en=376c16fcb1df9166&ei=5087%0A

the NY Times recently featured this article on the burt's bees company, which i am completely outraged about! has anyone ever been on the burt's bees site, where they pledge their allegience to the environment, etc? and yet they are owned by clorox, one of the biggest industrial polluters around? what total BS. seriously from now on, i am just buying the "chapstick" brand and saving myself the $2 extra i previously paid for the burt's. what's the point? i am now shopping for a new "real" organic chapstick, preferably one not owned by the clorox corporation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ew. Burt is fired from my makeup bag!
I usually keep a thing of Kiehl's Lip Balm SPF 15 in my purse. Love it!

Chic and Charming said...

Lush is a really great option.

Perfectly Plump Preppy 2.0 said...

I wear Kiss My Face organic lip balm in orange/cranberry. I love it. You can also find it at your local Hannaford if you have one.

EarthySoul-Eileen Togher LMT said...

try making your own! I try to make most of my bath/body products after reading the ingredients etc. I found a good website for recipes:

http://www.thesage.com/recipes/recipes.php3?.State=Display&id=19

whatever is left over they make great gifts, my friends swear by this and i added some essential oils as scent/flavor.