Tuesday, February 12, 2008

you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave

Could it be true that The Eagles were really making a premonition about Facebook.com in their legendary lyrics to "Hotel California?" According to the NY Times, it is almost impossible to cancel your Facebook membership, due to the fact that the site keeps alleged "indefinite" records of all accounts. Apparently the main problem with all this is that people can still contact you via e-mail through your "de-activated" Facebook account. Frightening. If only I read the fine print when I signed up. At least now I know never to try and delete my account, as I will be eternally haunted by wall postings past. Damn.....it makes you wonder where else you can be "stalked" via old internet activity.

No comments: